Parent School Supply List
- Tylenol PM for sleepless nights caused by Poster Board tampering in the form of "help"
- Earbuds and Netflix for when Tylenol PM doesn't work
- Membership in Wine of the Week Club; might be useful to register for the 'buy one get one' option.
- Extra socks for everyone, as those dirty balled up wonders hide better than the cat in Alien.
- Mindless magazine subscription, because the Winter Movie Preview issue may make or break your sanity
- Getaway car.
- Snacks. Of course they should be healthy, so...dark chocolate.
- Extra pencils everywhere; in your purse/briefcase, in your pocket, in the car, in the bathroom, in the cupboard where you keep the dog food. Because quick production of said pencil could be the deciding factor in the ongoing Homework/Xbox Dilemma.
- A Happy Place: Figurative when you need to sidestep fruitless escalation of pointless argument about homework consistency; Literal when said argument was not successfully sidestepped.
- A hobby, preferably portable, but any will do to remember you are more than just Mom or Dad
- A stress ball, not to squeeze, but to throw at the wall, Steve McQueen-like, while plotting your next escape.
- A sense of humor. If you do not have one, one can be cultivated by reading David Sedaris & Bill Bryson and watching Bugs Bunny cartoons, Mel Brook's Young Frankenstein, WKRP in Cincinnati episodes, and the entire series of Parks & Recreation.
- A watch with a date & time feature with two alarm settings: one set for the end of this academic year, another set for High School graduation.
PS: Note to self, investigate existence of a Donut-A-Day club.