Translate

Saturday, October 12, 2019

Whimsy in an Everyday Day

What if I left?

What if I left and didn't tell anyone?

What if I left and didn't tell anyone and always hit the "I can't talk right now" option when they called?

What if I left and didn't tell anyone and always hit the "I can't talk right now" option when they called, and brought one of the dogs?

What if I left and didn't tell anyone and always hit the "I can't talk right now" option when they called, and brought one of the dogs, and sold geeky knitted crafts at comic-cons across the country?

What if I left and didn't tell anyone and always hit the "I can't talk right now" option when they called, and brought one of the dogs, and sold geeky knitted crafts at comic-cons across the country, and stayed in Air BnB's that realized my fantasy of living in a cool cozy quirky apartment?

What if I left and didn't tell anyone and always hit the "I can't talk right now" option when they called, and brought one of the dogs, and sold geeky knitted crafts at comic-cons across the country, and stayed in Air BnB's that realized my fantasy of living in a cool cozy quirky apartment, and ate bread and cheese all day like we all say we want to when we're not quite drunk but tipsy enough to believe in possibility?

What if I left and didn't tell anyone and always hit the "I can't talk right now" option when they called, and brought one of the dogs, and sold geeky knitted crafts at comic-cons across the country, and stayed in Air BnB's that realized my fantasy of living in a cool cozy quirky apartment, and ate bread and cheese all day like we all say we want to when we're not quite drunk but tipsy enough to believe in possibility, and had to scale back to prepackaged cheddar, but still sharp cheddar, because my cost to profit ratio for career knitting was different than I envisioned?

What if I left and didn't tell anyone and always hit the "I can't talk right now" option when they called, and brought one of the dogs, and sold geeky knitted crafts at comic-cons across the country, and stayed in Air BnB's that realized my fantasy of living in a cool cozy quirky apartment, and ate bread and cheese all day like we all say we want to when we're not quite drunk but tipsy enough to believe in possibility, and had to scale back to prepackaged cheddar, but still sharp cheddar, because my cost to profit ratio for career knitting was different than I envisioned, and I tripped on the uneven sidewalk outside the grocery store where I have to buy my more financially accessible cheese and landed hard on my knee and dominant knitting hand?

and I did not have the liquidity to cover the co-pay?

and I realized that this day was offspring #2's birthday?

and by hitting "can't talk right now" so many times I have alienated him beyond the healing powers of a witty text laced with love and the perfect hint of poignancy?

and I couldn't knit anymore because the anticipated arthritis from falling on my hand hits almost immediately?

and the Air BnB's smell funny?

and even my dog understands that whims get complicated?

and maybe instead of leaving I should live a little and suggest we get Chinese?

and that is how I will add whimsy to this everyday day.







1 comment: